2014 World Horseshoe Tournament is in the Books
The NHPA World Tournament trailer will be starting it’s journey to Topeka KS this next week or soon after where we hope to see this years champions in the Men’s division Alan Francis, Women’s division Joan Elmore and Elder’s division David Holmes come to defend their titles in 2015. Click this link to see how all the Kansas pitchers
finished in this years event in Buffalo NY.
2014 Kansas State Tournament
The deadline for mailing your 2014 State Tournament entry form in is midnight Aug 1st
., this coming Friday
. Click 2014 State Tournament Entry Form to get your copy of the entry form in the event you have misplaced the one that was sent to you earlier.
The KHPA council have all agreed to allow the Ottawa tournament on Sunday Aug 3 to be a qualifying event for the 2014 Kansas State Tournament due to the fact that we have had several new members get 2014 cards in the past couple weeks and have struggled to get a qualifying event in. Anyone using this event as a state qualifier must turn in their state tournament entry form to the tournament director when checking in for the tournament. Pre register for this event with Barney Bell by calling 785-835-6635 or 785-418-8240
- Bonner Springs results for 7-19-2014 are now posted. There were 34 entries. Ashley Strunk was the high over average pitcher in this event where 53% of the entires pitched over their entry average. This makes for a great tournament. The competition was awesome.
- Wichita results for 7-19-2014 are now posted. There were 28 entries. The high over average pitcher was Claude Bray, who pitched 13.29 percentage points over his average on his way to a 1st place finish in Class B. Brenda Keeler shot 7.27 percentage points over her entry average as she claimed the tournament champion patch with a 65.5 ringer average. Thirty-nine percent of the entries in this event pitched over entry average which made for a very competitive day in Wichita as well.
- Edgerton results for 7-26-2014 are now posted. There were 19 entries. Ashley Strunk was the high over average pitcher again this week on her way to a first place finish in Class B. Bernie VanLerberg was the only other over average entry as he claimed the tournament championship patch.
Earl Romine directed a non-sanctioned Juniors tournament at Gage Park in Topeka on Sunday 7-27. There were 9 entry’s in this event. Thank you for putting this together Earl we need more of this kind of promotion to get more juniors in our charter. click this link to view photo’s of the event
It is time to start thinking about the KS/MO Border War tournament coming up on Sat Sept 20. Don’t miss out on the fun this year get your name on the sign up list by contacting Bernie VanLerberg 913-422-7095
Join us at the 2014 World Horseshoe tournament.
2014 WORLD HORSESHOE TOURNAMENT
Those of you who have not been following the coverage of the 2014 WT might find this information in the Daily Shoe
interesting. Be sure and look at the scoresheet shown in day five from the Junior preliminaries . There is also an article in Day six about the Kansas booth.
TOURNAMENTS THIS WEEK
- Edgerton will be hosting the World Tournament Alternative sanctioned event Saturday July 26 at 9:AM which will be the last chance to qualify for the 2014 State tournament. This event will also count as a qualifying event for the 2015 WT. Pre-register for this event by calling Ed Shanley at 913-893-6024.
- TOPEKA will be hosting a non-sanctioned juniors tournament on Sunday July 27. Click this link for all the details, you can even help promote junior horseshoe pitching by posting some of the posters in your neighborhoods. It is free just bring some junior pitchers out to enjoy the afternoon. Who knows you might be promoting a future World Champion!! You can pre-register and get more info by contacting Earl Romine at 785-256-6123.