2014 KANSAS STATE HORSESHOE TOURNAMENT
- IOLA results from the Roy Karr Memorial on 8-9-2014 are now posted. There were 22 entries. Johnny Trammell and Chris Hager both had great tournaments pitching over 10 percentage points over their entry average.
- WICHITA results from the Bill Whitley Open on 8-16-2014 are now posted. There were 22 entries. Gregg Turner had the hot hand in this event pitching a full nine percentage points over his average on his way to claiming the Tournament championship patch with a 61.25% ringer average. Other over average pitchers in this event included Gary Bender, Bryan Strong, Payton Taft and Bret Vogel.
- OTTAWA results from the Summer Heat Open #2 on 8-17-2014 are now posted. There was 31 entries in this event. Welcome to a new NHPA-KHPA member Raymond Kampsen of Vassar. The high over average pitcher in this event was Laura Sullivan. She continues to push her ringer average up every time out. Laura finished in 1st place of D class pitching eight percentage points over her entry average. Other over average pitchers included Jose Keith, George Mundy, Ken Martin, David Carver, Ed Shanley, Charlie Bollinger and Allen Renner.
- SALINA results from the State Practice tournament on 8-17-2014 are now posted. There were 16 entries in this event. Welcome to three new NHPA-KHPA members, Bill Weber of Wakeeney, Edward and Curtis Weber both of Ellis. It is great to see the new membership that is coming in from western Kanas this year. The high over average pitcher in this event was Phil Reed who pitched 5.59 percentage points over his average in his second place finish behind the tournament Champion OraLee Jeardoe. Other over average pitchers included Robert Jamieson (first tournament since shoulder surgery), Dale Clemmer, Cato Hernandez, Melvin Jeardoe and Darrell Keil.
- TOPEKA results for the Pre State Warmup on 2-24-2014 are now posted. This was the largest one day event in Topeka in recent history. There were 51 entrys. Welcome two new NHPA-KHPA members Seth Maixner of Topeka and Doug Parrett of Leavenworth. The high over average pitcher in this event was Darrel Weaver pitching 9.65 percentage points over his average on his way to a first place finish in class G.