Kansas Natstats 2014 Style
As we prepare for the 2014 State tournament we have observed a huge increase in the number of folks listed on the Kansas Natstats (226) after the recent update on Aug 6 as compared to 184 at the same time in 2013. As a result of this 18.6% increase of numbers on Natstats we will have 138 entries in our State tournament this year which is the largest number since 2004 when there was a record 180 entries smashing the previous state tournament entry record of 154 that was set in 1992.
WHERE TO PITCH THIS COMING WEEKEND
There will be three sanctioned tournaments that count as 2015 World Tournament qualifying events. Please check in with the tournament director at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled pitching time.
- WICHITA will be hosting the Bill Whitley Open on Saturday Aug 16. This is a single session event that is scheduled to start at 9:00AM in Linwood Park. Pre-register with Steve DeTommaso at 316-323-3890.
- SALINA will be hosting the State Practice tournament on Sunday Aug 17. This is a single session event that is scheduled to start at 9:00 AM in Sunset Park, Pre-register with Phil Reed at 785-655-2311.
- OTTAWA will be hosting the Summer Heat 2 tournament on Sunday Aug 17. This is a single session event that is scheduled to start at 9:00 AM in Forrest Park. Pre-register with Barney Bell at 785-418-8240.
The tournaments all listed below are non-sanctioned events that are excellent opportunities to introduce potential new members to our sport since they can pitch in these events without a 2014 NHPA-KHPA membership card.
- NOTICE !!! The Russell Tournament Scheduled for Saturday Aug. 16 has been CANCELLED
- BONNER SPRINGS will be hosting VFW 27th annual tournament on Aug 16. at 8:00AM in South Park. Pre-register with Gary Parker at 816-289-7990.
- TOPEKA will be hosting The Gage Park War Memorial Fund Raiser on Saturday Aug 16. The event starts with check in at 8:00AM at Gage Park. There will be a $20 entry fee with all proceeds going to the Memorial fund. Medals will be presented for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places at class awards.
Deadline for entry is Wed Aug 13. Day of tournament entries will be permitted with a $5 late fee provided room is available. Contact Terry Cuthbertson at 785-267-6016.
see ya on the courts
2014 World Horseshoe Tournament is in the Books
2014 Kansas State Tournament
- Bonner Springs results for 7-19-2014 are now posted. There were 34 entries. Ashley Strunk was the high over average pitcher in this event where 53% of the entires pitched over their entry average. This makes for a great tournament. The competition was awesome.
- Wichita results for 7-19-2014 are now posted. There were 28 entries. The high over average pitcher was Claude Bray, who pitched 13.29 percentage points over his average on his way to a 1st place finish in Class B. Brenda Keeler shot 7.27 percentage points over her entry average as she claimed the tournament champion patch with a 65.5 ringer average. Thirty-nine percent of the entries in this event pitched over entry average which made for a very competitive day in Wichita as well.
- Edgerton results for 7-26-2014 are now posted. There were 19 entries. Ashley Strunk was the high over average pitcher again this week on her way to a first place finish in Class B. Bernie VanLerberg was the only other over average entry as he claimed the tournament championship patch.
Join us at the 2014 World Horseshoe tournament.
2014 WORLD HORSESHOE TOURNAMENT
TOURNAMENTS THIS WEEK
- Edgerton will be hosting the World Tournament Alternative sanctioned event Saturday July 26 at 9:AM which will be the last chance to qualify for the 2014 State tournament. This event will also count as a qualifying event for the 2015 WT. Pre-register for this event by calling Ed Shanley at 913-893-6024.
- TOPEKA will be hosting a non-sanctioned juniors tournament on Sunday July 27. Click this link for all the details, you can even help promote junior horseshoe pitching by posting some of the posters in your neighborhoods. It is free just bring some junior pitchers out to enjoy the afternoon. Who knows you might be promoting a future World Champion!! You can pre-register and get more info by contacting Earl Romine at 785-256-6123.
THE 2014 WT IS UNDERWAY
2014 STATE TOURNAMENT
A PEEK AT TOURNAMENT RESULTS
TOURNAMENT OPTIONS FOR UPCOMING WEEKEND
- WICHITA The Firecracker Open was re-scheduled for Saturday, July 19 In Linwood Park, Wichita Ks at 9:AM. The tournament director for that event has also changed. Please pre-register for with Adam Peterson at 620-860-4142.
- BONNER SPRINGS will be hosting the Summer Open on Saturday, July 19 with ringer averages up to about 30% pitching at 9:00AM and ringer averages over 30% will pitch at 1:PM. Pre-register for this event with Gary Parker 816-289-7990.
WORLD TOURNAMENT NEWS