Kansas Natstats 2014 Style
As we prepare for the 2014 State tournament we have observed a huge increase in the number of folks listed on the Kansas Natstats (226) after the recent update on Aug 6 as compared to 184 at the same time in 2013. As a result of this 18.6% increase of numbers on Natstats we will have 138 entries in our State tournament this year which is the largest number since 2004 when there was a record 180 entries smashing the previous state tournament entry record of 154 that was set in 1992.
WHERE TO PITCH THIS COMING WEEKEND
There will be three sanctioned tournaments that count as 2015 World Tournament qualifying events. Please check in with the tournament director at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled pitching time.
- WICHITA will be hosting the Bill Whitley Open on Saturday Aug 16. This is a single session event that is scheduled to start at 9:00AM in Linwood Park. Pre-register with Steve DeTommaso at 316-323-3890.
- SALINA will be hosting the State Practice tournament on Sunday Aug 17. This is a single session event that is scheduled to start at 9:00 AM in Sunset Park, Pre-register with Phil Reed at 785-655-2311.
- OTTAWA will be hosting the Summer Heat 2 tournament on Sunday Aug 17. This is a single session event that is scheduled to start at 9:00 AM in Forrest Park. Pre-register with Barney Bell at 785-418-8240.
The tournaments all listed below are non-sanctioned events that are excellent opportunities to introduce potential new members to our sport since they can pitch in these events without a 2014 NHPA-KHPA membership card.
- NOTICE !!! The Russell Tournament Scheduled for Saturday Aug. 16 has been CANCELLED
- BONNER SPRINGS will be hosting VFW 27th annual tournament on Aug 16. at 8:00AM in South Park. Pre-register with Gary Parker at 816-289-7990.
- TOPEKA will be hosting The Gage Park War Memorial Fund Raiser on Saturday Aug 16. The event starts with check in at 8:00AM at Gage Park. There will be a $20 entry fee with all proceeds going to the Memorial fund. Medals will be presented for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places at class awards.
Deadline for entry is Wed Aug 13. Day of tournament entries will be permitted with a $5 late fee provided room is available. Contact Terry Cuthbertson at 785-267-6016.
see ya on the courts