Note Firecracker Open Rescheduled.
The Firecracker Open Tournament originally scheduled for +July 12 at Linwood Park in Wichita has been changed to +July 19. Please make a note of the change on your KHPA tournament schedules.
Help The Tournament Directors!!!!
The KHPA welcomes the flood of new membership in 2014 mostly due to news of the World Horseshoe Tournament coming to Kansas in 2015. We are in primetime right now for getting everyone qualified with the four sanctioned events they need for entry into the big event by the entry deadline of +May 15, 2015. This also means that the size of our sanctioned events are growing which make them much more competitive and enjoyable for everyone entering them.
I ask that all clubs please make announcements at their leagues for the benefit of those who do not have e-mail that it is very important for everyone to check in with the tournament directors at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled start time. In addition, please pre-register with the tournament director two or three days in advance so they know you are coming to their event and have you scheduled into it. The least amount of last minute changes the directors have to make improves the ability to run a smooth enjoyable tournament for all.
State Tournament Entries
As of 6-29-2014 Susan Fulton reports that we have 28 entries. Don't forget your entry deadline is +Aug 1st.
Tournament Results Week
- IOLA results for 6-21 are posted with 25 entries and the high over average pitcher was Jose Keith pitching 5.2 percentage points over his entry average.
- OTTAWA results for 6-26 are posted with 19 entries and the high over average pitcher was Lyle Turner pitching 6.2 percentage points over his entry average.
- BONNER SPRINGS results for 6-28 are posted with 33 entries and the high over average pitcher was Dave Mathewson pitching 8.52 percentage points over his entry average.
- TOPEKA results for 6-29 are posted with 48 entries and the high over average pitcher was Steve Thompson pitching 9.61 percentage points over his average.
Tournaments This Week
- OTTAWA is hosting the Barney Bell Open on +July 4 in Forrest Park. This is a single session tournament that starts +at 9:00 AM. Pre-register with Barney (h) 785-835-6635 or (C) 785-418-8240.
- LAWRENCE is hosting the LIGHTS OUT OPEN on Sunday, July 6 at 9:00 AM in Broken Arrow Park. Pre-register with Wynne by calling 785-843-8450